Google
 

Friday, October 31, 2008

Break-up blues?..............

Source>>>>>>>>>>>

Break up is a word that has become synonymous with relationships. While some relationships are destined to crack with time, it's not easy to move on in life and get over a bruised heart. 


Sometimes, getting over a break up takes more than just a round of shopping or a pub hopping stint with your best buddies. We offer you some unique ways to mend that fractured heart. After all a little bit of out-of-the-box thinking doesn't hurt much, right? 

Start a blog : Jotting down your thoughts, and they can be on anything - from your ex's annoying habits to your most cherished moments are bound to give your sulky mood a 'feel good' makeover. You can also upload your best photos and think of the most outlandish captions to write beneath them! "I started blogging after I broke up with my boyfriend of two years. And in my first post itself, I took out all the frustration of my break up. It was immensely relieving because I was just dying to take my emotions out," says 24-year-old Prarthna Singh, a blogger for the last six months now. 

"Not just this, constant writing helped me analyse the things that went wrong in our relationship. The biggest support came from the readers who commented on my thoughts and suggested different ways to get over my chronic depression," she adds. 

Seduce someone your ex was jealous of : Remember the hot hair stylist or the raunchy bartender you nurtured the hots for? And it made you ex go red with anger each time you looked at them? Well, now that you are single and ready to mingle, grab the chance to fulfill all your flirtations that are bound to pay off and make you feel elated about life once again. Not just this, some harmless flirting may just increase your chances of getting hooked to a guy/girl you found attractive in the past. 

Besides, it might just make your ex go green with envy if they ever find the both of you together. "I wanted to settle all scores with my ex and tell her that I am happy without her. So, I purposely visited our common hangout and flirted with the girl my ex envied the most. I still remember the expressions of bewilderment on her face when she saw us intimately together. It was quite gratifying," says Himanshu Tiwari, a PR executive. 

Buy a pet : Nothing relieves stress more that an adorable kitten or a cuddly puppy. Cuddle up with them, play with them, or even talk to them, pets are there for you no matter. "The reason I am back to my normal self today is primarily because of my pet dog," says Sreedha Badola, a final year literature student, who recently got over a messy break up. 

"I think animals can sense it if you are depressed. My dog would sit with me all day and do whacky things like chasing squirrels to make me laugh," she says, adding, "They are the most innocent and unselfish beings on Earth and they are the best anecdote for depression." 

Join a dance class : Groove to the beats, especially when you are down in the dumps! If joining a dance class is not a feasible option, you can always plug in your I-pod or turn to the DVD player for a mood lift. It will not only pep up your mood, but also get you in shape, making you feel great about yourself. "Music is the best mood lifter one can possibly have," says Mayank, a BPO technician and a part time DJ. 

"Each time I play a peppy number, even the grumpiest of people, sitting quietly in one corner, put on their dancing shoes," he says amusingly. Our suggested dance numbers: 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne, 'Hollaback Girl' by Gwen Stefani and 'So yesterday' by Hilary Duff. 

Fix your favorite meal: When was the last time you dug into a sumptuous meal? It's time you treat your taste buds with something spicy and tangy. So, either take up the cook book or order something your have been craving for. Order Chinese, fix a steak, toss up some delicious pasta, or even gobble down packets of your favourite chocolate. "Delicious food offers not just a way to a man's heart, but also pulls you out of your blues. So, when my daughter called it quits with her fiancĂ©e, I made it a point to cook something special for her everyday. It boosted her mood and helped her recover," says Seema Rathore, a 53-year-old mother. 

Music + icecream + book : This formula works wonders if you're willing to try it. Turn on some soft, relaxing music, take out oodles of hot chocolate fudge and pick up a book that is stubbornly engrossing. How about a Dan Brown or Fredrick Forsyth bestseller? 

Throw away everything that reminds you of your ex : Better still, get inspired from Aditya (Shahid Kapoor) of Jab We Met and flush his/her photographs, letters etc down the drain. If not this, atleast get all the gifts, clothing, letters, and E-mail out of your living area, or at least out of your line of vision. If that means giving away roughly half of your wardrobe to get rid of the memories, so be it.

No comments: